Monday, January 20, 2014

International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) 2014: Getting Ready!


IMSH 2014 is just around the corner! The team at the Health Sciences Simulation Center, Samuel Merritt University (Oakland, CA) is gearing up for a lot of activity. Aside from many of our staff presenting research posters or participating in expert panels, we are hosting an immersive, pre-conference course at the HSSC.

I am really looking forward to making connections with educators from around the world. I have a particular interest in talking to people who use debriefing in simulation-based learning (SBL). I am curious about how debriefing is approached, if a specific framework or model is used, and how the cultural dimensions of the learners and learning environment is considered. I am most interested in how debriefing approaches may vary according to culture, particularly in non-Western cultures. I am seeking contacts with SBL educators in East Asia and the Pacific Islands in order to better understand current practices.

Look for me at IMSH 2014!

You can use this QRS code to capture my contact information with your smartphone's QRS reader or BarCode scanning application:

No comments:

Post a Comment